Over the past month, NMLS has received many calls and emails requesting verification of past credit banking in the EMS. Below is a brief description on how approved course providers can access previously uploaded/expired credit banking rosters in the EMS.
- Once logged in to the EMS, click on the Credit Bank link which is located in the Menu box on the lower left of the screen.
- After the Credit Bank link expands, click “Show All.”
- The next screen will show all the rosters that have generated in the EMS. To view a roster, click the orange “Details” button.
- The roster detail screen will show all the information for a specific roster to include the course name, date/time the roster was created, its status (processed/expired), and information on the fees paid. Clicking on the “Record Report” tab will show the number of MLOs processed as well as a full listing of all the students who received credit for the course.
A few additional notes course providers should keep in mind:
1) If the credit banking processes is not completed within one hour after it is initiated, the roster will expire. The only way to complete the process is to create a new roster.
2) If during the MLO name validation check, the roster report comes back with the error message “Violates Successive Year Rule” it means the MLO has already received credit for the course OR the MLO is on the roster twice.
3) When viewing the roster page, note the “Level” column.
“Completed” means the credit banking process was completed.
“Expired” means the roster was not processed.
“Staff Review” means SRR needs to take action on the roster.
“Cancelled” means the course provider cancelled the credit banking process.
4) Both the course provider and SRR receive an e-mail receipt when the credit banking process has been completed. The e-mail is sent to the address listed in the organization e-mail field on the EMS account details page. To ensure you receive EMS notifications, always make sure this e-mail address is current (course providers can edit this information without assistance from NMLS).
If you have any questions about credit banking, setting-up a stored payment method, or the EMS in general, please contact Alan Ridenour at firstname.lastname@example.org