In an effort to provide better customer service and make it easier for you to communicate with us, changes are being made to the NMLS Course Approval Portal (Basecamp). The most significant change, which is starting to be made now, is consolidating and centralizing all the documentation pertaining to each course’s initial application and approval, renewal, and audit reports under a single course project. This is a change from the current process where a course provider is set-up with a new project every time a new course, a course renewal, or an audit is initiated. Going forward a single course project will be maintained for the entire lifecycle of the course which will also enable for you to see the courses entire history. We are also expanding the use of the messaging capability that is a part of Basecamp so that all correspondence pertaining to a course is also archived.
To get the most out of these changes, please keep the following in mind:
- When you submit a course for approval, a course project will be set-up for the course application and associated documents.
- Once the course is approved, the project will be archived so that your course list does not appear long.
- When the course is up for renewal or audit, it will be un-archived so that you will have access to all of the old documents and correspondence.
- Once the audit or renewal of the course has been complete, the course will be archived again.
- When uploading new files to a course project, you will see folders that correspond to course application, renewal, or audit. Placing your documents in the correct folder and then notifying us via the message system will help us to more quickly take action on them.
- Please begin using the message board in the course project to communicate with NMLS about your specific course.
We hope you find these changes useful. If you have any questions about how to use Basecamp or would like additional instructions please feel free to contact Alan Ridenour at firstname.lastname@example.org.