It’s been a year since NMLS approved the first courses intended to meet SAFE Act requirements. Here are some fast facts:
– NMLS has approved 225 course providers nationwide
– As of July 30th, 933 courses have been submitted for approval; 700 have been approved, and 42 have been denied (the balance remain in review).
– There are 300 state-specific pre-licensure course and 46 state-specific continuing education course.
– In the area of course formats, there are over 300 classroom PE courses, over 100 PE classroom equivalent (webinar) courses, and nearly 100 online instructor-led courses.
– Nearly 1.7 million hours of education have been delivered since September 2009.
– As of June 2010, there are an estimated 77,477 MLOs who have completed a course for pre-licensure education; of those, an estimated 75,813 MLOs completed 20 or more hours of education.
– As of July 2010, there is an estimated 23,685 MLOs who have received credit for 20 hours of pre-licensure education through the certification process.
– As of July 30, there is an estimated 100,000 MLOs who are compliant for PE.
– NMLS estimates there will be 135,000 fully compliant licensees by December 31, 2010.